Discover the magnificent Chiemsee, including the famous Herrenchiemsee Palace, which is situated on an island and was built in the 19th century by the fairytale king Ludwig II of Bavaria in the style of Versailles.
The private day tour guided by an original Bavarian, includes pick up & drop off at your hotel/private accommodation in Munich, a typical Bavarian lunch on the island, admission to the Palace and a boat trip.
Enjoy an exclusive excursion in the footsteps of King Ludwig II of Bavaria. The full day trip starts in the morning, with pick up at your Munich city hotel or private accommodation. Cool drinks and snacks will be waiting for you in a comfortable SUV vehicle. During the drive, we will already have some time to chat and I will tell you interesting facts about today´s destinations.
As soon as we have arrived at the beautiful Chiemsee, we will jump on a boat and make our way towards the two picturesque islands - the Herreninsel and the Fraueninsel! Factitious Bavaria: The famous Chiemsee is the largest freshwater lake in the whole area of Munich. And indeed, the lake's nickname is "Bavarian Sea".
After arriving on the Herreninsel, we will explore the magnificent Herrenchiemsee Palace, which was built in 1878 by the fairytale king Ludwig II of Bavaria as a copy of the famous French Versailles. In some sections the Herrenchiemsee Palace even surpasses its model in Versailles – a good example is the impressive Hall of Mirrors. Abundant amounts of gold, glass and porcelain are the unique monument to the exuberant wealth of this past time. After the guided castle tour, we will still have some time to stroll through the beautiful surroundings, like the elegant gardens and beautifully landscaped footpaths.
Leaving the bigger island behind, we will continue, of course still by boat, to the next stop - the Fraueninsel! There, we visit the historical Benedictine abbey and stop for a delicious Bavarian lunch in a typical beer garden. Well strengthened, we will make our way ashore, before we slowly drive North towards Munich - back to the agreed starting point, or hotel/accommodation!
I am not a professional photographer! However, I will do my best to take nice snapshots (for social media) of our trip.
By the way: If you wish, we can arrange the short holiday to the beautiful Chiemsee according to your own ideas - a tailor-made trip is of course possible.
- Traditional Bavarian lunch incl. one Drink of your choice
- Tickets for Chiemsee cruise
- Tickets for Herrenchiemsee (New Castle), as well Garden
- Travel Snacks & Sweets while driving
- Mineral Water with or without sparkling Water, as well as other non-alcoholic Drinks - alcoholic Drinks, such as: local Beer, Wine and Prosecco
- Local bavarian Guide
- Cavier in different types and sizes on request
- Champagne in different types and sizes on request
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate!
- Munich City Hotel or private Accommodation. Other pick-up locations such as: Fuessen, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Berchtesgaden, Salzburg and so on upon request
- English or German
- Tours & Excursions with up to 3 guests are operated with a luxury SUV such as: a BMW X3, Volvo XC60 or similar.
- Tours & Excursions with up to 5 guests are operated with a luxury minivan such as: a Mercedes Benz Vito or similar.
- Tours & Excursions with up to 8 guests are operated with a comfortable minibus such as: a Mercedes Benz Vito or similar.
- If desired, groups of up to 2 guests can book an upgrade to a luxury sports car, such as: Porsche Macan or Maserati Ghibli, for a fee.
Guests About Me On Tripadvisor
We've used their service for our planned activities in Salzburg and Hallstatt last summer. All went well! Special thanks t
We would like to say a big thank you to Sepp! What an amazing King Ludwig II experience we had. From the start to finish - just a perfect Neuschwanstein... read more
My wife and I had been to Octoberfest on a previous trip but were traveling with other couples that had never been to Munich or Octoberfest. I found Sepp on... read more
Book Your Private Experience Today +49 175 66 11 99 1
Get In Touch
WhatsApp me +49 175 66 11 99 1