On this truly royal day trip starting from Munich, you will visit Linderhof castle and the fairytale castle Neuschwanstein. The hotel transfer, a traditional lunch with a fantastic view of the world-famous Alps and all entrance fees are included in the tour price.
Enjoy an exclusive excursion on the traces of King Ludwig II of Bavaria. The royal time travel starts in the morning, with pick up at your Munich city hotel or private accommodation. Cool drinks and snacks will be waiting for you in the comfortable SUV vehicle. We will have enough time during the drive, to chat and get to know each other a little better. Of course, I will tell you a few interesting things about my hometown while we are on the way.
As soon we arrive at Neuschwanstein Castle, you will explore the palace on an approx. 60-minute small-group castle tour. Afterwards we will discover the fairytale castle from the outside. There are a variety of great photo opportunities there, be it the castle itself, the old Marienbrücke or the spectacular surrounding area. Despite the main residence of the Bavarian monarchs at the time - the Munich Residenz - being one of the most extensive palace complexes in the world, King Ludwig II of Bavaria felt the need to escape from the constraints he saw himself exposed to in Munich, and commissioned Neuschwanstein Palace on the remote northern edges of the Alps as a retreat but also in honour of composer Richard Wagner, whom he greatly admired.
On the way to Linderhof castle we make a stop in Schwangau (Brewery) or Ettal (Traditional beer garden). There, all participants get something delicious for lunch.
Strengthened and full of anticipation, we finally go to the impressive Linderhof castle. Once there, you will explore the palace on a approx. 30-minute guided tour. Afterwards we walk through the beautiful garden or outdoor area with its unique fountain and stroll through the impressive gardens. Linderhof is the smallest of the three palaces built by King Ludwig II of Bavaria and the only one which was actually completed and that he lived in most of the time from 1876.
After our stay, we head home towards Munich – back to the respective starting point or hotel/accommodation
I am not a professional photographer! However, I will do my best to take nice snapshots (for social media) of our trip.
By the way: If you wish, the tour can be designed according to your wishes, special ideas or particular focus - tailor-made themes or experiences are also no problem.
- Traditional Bavarian Lunch incl. one Drink of your choice
- Ticket for Guided Small-Group "Neuschwanstein Castle" and "Linderhof Castle" Tour throught the Castle
- Shuttle Bus to Mary's Bridge (as long as the Bus is operating and the Bridge is open)
- Travel Snacks & Sweets while driving
- Mineral Water with or without sparkling Water, as well as other non-alcoholic Drinks - alcoholic Drinks, such as: local Beer, Wine and Prosecco
- Local bavarian Guide
- Cavier in different types and sizes on request
- Champagne in different types and sizes on request
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate!
- Munich City Hotel or private Accommodation. Other pick-up locations such as: Fuessen, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Berchtesgaden, Salzburg and so on upon request
- English or German
- Tours & Excursions with up to 3 guests are operated with a luxury SUV such as: a BMW X3, Volvo XC60 or similar.
- Tours & Excursions with up to 5 guests are operated with a luxury minivan such as: a Mercedes Benz Vito or similar.
- Tours & Excursions with up to 8 guests are operated with a comfortable minibus such as: a Mercedes Benz Vito or similar.
- If desired, groups of up to 2 guests can book an upgrade to a luxury sports car, such as: Porsche Macan or Maserati Ghibli, for a fee.
Guests About Me On Tripadvisor
Hi. Our guide Sepp was an excellent host and has a great deal of knowledge. We had really good time with him during our city tour. He knows lot about... read more
Great value for money and the Sepp was a great guide! The pace was just right for a full day tour with a wonderful lunch on the lakeside. The transportation... read more
Book Your Private Experience Today +49 175 66 11 99 1
Get In Touch
WhatsApp me +49 175 66 11 99 1