Discover the spectacular German/Austrian Alps, as well as the highest mountain in Germany - the Zugspitze (2,962 metres) - on a private day trip from Munich. Included in the tour price is a return transfer from Munich, a traditional lunch and the price for the gondola ticket, which takes us to the summit – the Top of Germany - as close as possible.
Enjoy an exclusive excursion - without other participants - to the plateau of the Zugspitze glacier. The excursion starts in the morning with pick up at your Munich city hotel or private accommodation. Cool drinks and snacks will already be waiting for you in a comfortable SUV vehicle. During the drive, we will have some time to chat and I will be happy to tell you interesting facts about our destinations today.
As soon as we have arrived at the beautiful Eibsee, one of the most beautiful lakes in Bavaria, the new Zugspitz cable car (opened 2017) will take us very close to the highest peak in Germany. From the popular viewpoint, the mountain station at 2,943 meters above the roofs of Germany, you will have breathtaking panoramic views of the beautiful Alpine landscape. During your stay on the plateau you will learn interesting information about the region´s history and its role in World War II.
Back in the valley and on the way towards Munich, we will make a mandatory stop in Garmisch-Partenkirchen - the venue of the 1936 Olympic Games - where we will have a delicious lunch in the centre of the magnificent Alpine town. While walking through the city, you will find plenty of opportunities to buy presents and souvenirs for those who had to stay home.
After a relaxing break in the popular skiing and hiking region of Garmisch-Partenkirchen, we will head back towards Munich - to the agreed starting point or hotel/accommodation!
Desire photos of you on the trip? I am not a professional photographer! But I will do my best to take nice shots of you (for Instagram😉).
By the way: If you wish, we can arrange the trip according to your own wishes and ideas - a tailor-made trip is of course also possible.
- Traditional Bavarian lunch incl. one Drink of your choice
- Tickets for Zugspitz Cable Car
- Travel Snacks & Sweets
- Mineral water with or without gas as well additional non-alcohilic Drinks - alcohilic Drinks like Beer, Sparkline wine or even Champagne on request!
- Local bavarian Guide
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate!
- Munich City Hotel or private Accommodation
- English or German
- Tours & Excursions with up to 3 guests are operated with a luxury SUV such as: a BMW X3, Volvo XC60 or similar.
- Tours & Excursions with up to 6/7 guests are operated with a luxury minivan such as: a Mercedes Benz Vito or similar.
- If desired, groups of up to 2 guests can book an upgrade to a luxury sports car, such as: Porsche Macan or Maserati Ghibli, for a fee.
Guests about me on Tripadvisor
We had the best tour with Sepp. he was informative, fun and thoughtful. He emailed us prior to the trip a few times to check in and also review the... read more
Unfortunately we timed our walking tour for the only rain soaked segment of our weekend! Despite this bad planning on our part, it didn't dampen any of Sepp's enthusiasm or... read more
Our day trip from Munich to Austria was just amazing! Sepp was just great 🙂 Very personable and knowledgeable. Went out of his way to ensure our day was customized... read more
Book your private experience today +49 175 66 11 99 1
Get in touch
WhatsApp me +49 175 66 11 99 1